Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Computational Bio-Image Analysis
Central Imaging Facility
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Biopolis, Singapore
Date available: immediately
Date posted: 21 February 2013
The Central Imaging Facility at the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB), Agency of Science and Technology Research (A*STAR), Singapore, invites suitable candidates to apply for a postdoctoral research fellow position in the area of computational bio-image analysis.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary research team with a wide range of expertise, notably in computer vision and image processing, especially when applied to cell biology, developmental biology, systems biology and clinical medicine. The team is focused on the development of advanced and automated image analysis methods applicable to neural images (2D/3D), filament, microtubes, etc.
- Ph.D. degree in a field relevant or applicable to image processing and
computer vision, computer science.
- A good publication record.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in the area of image processing and analysis
- Experience in combining various computational methodologies, especially
- Strong programming and algorithm development skills, preferably including
C++, Java and Matlab.
- Fresh Ph.D graduates are encouraged to apply.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter, with reference to the position applied for
- Curriculum vitae (CV) limited to 2 pages
- Publication list
- Full contact details of three professional referees
- Two representative previous publications.
Applications and inquiries should be sent by email to Dr. Weimiao: firstname.lastname@example.org