FULL TIME TENURE-TRACK POSITION
IN MEDICAL RETINA AT AN ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
OR PROFESSOR LEVEL
Date posted: 10 April, 2015
We are seeking a full time Associate Professor or Professor (tenure-track/tenured) candidate, with an MD or MD/PhD or PhD, with a outstanding translational research record in retinal angiogenesis to be a Lead Clinician Scientist/Scientist to direct a new $20 Million programme on retinal angiogenesis.
This program, the SERI-IMCB Program in Retinal Angiogenic Diseases (SIPRAD), is a strategic partnership between two world-leading research institutes, The Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB) and The Singapore Eye Research Institute (SERI), to develop a state of the art, unique and industry-standard research platform in RAD, that leverages on the complementary expertise of both institutes in clinical and preclinical science to identify, to discover, develop and validate novel biomarkers and targets, as well as evaluate potential anti-angiogenic therapeutics in partnership with the pharmaceutical industry.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated track record and excellence in clinical and translational ophthalmology with appropriate fellowship training in medical retinal (for candidates with MD) and/or possess an established international track record in translational laboratory research (for candidates with PhD), preferably with specific focus in the area of angiogenic diseases, as well as have an overall commitment to an academic mission. Salary and academic rank will be based on experience and credential. interested in advancing their ophthalmology research careers, with a strong commitment to translational research and improving patient outcomes are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- LEADING AND DEVELOPING the discovery and translation of novel biomarkers, targets and therapies
- REPORTING scientific outcomes and strategies to the Lead PI (Chair and Medical Director of the Singapore National Eye Centre), a Joint Steering Committee, and Collaborators to support the successful development, coordination and management of the program
- EVALUATING new research opportunities and collaborations tailored to the needs and interest of SIPRAD
- SUPERVISING a multidisciplinary team of Clinicians, Clinician Scientists, Scientists and Research Fellows etc. as part of a unique “Target to Clinic” platform
- Other areas of responsibilities:
- MANAGEMENT of budgets, funds and resources
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT and PHARMA ENGAGEMENT to ensure that the platform operates on industry standards to facilitate attracting pharma partners
The position is open for immediate hire. Inquiries and curriculum vitae should be directed to:
Professor Wong Tien Yin
Professor & Medical Director, Singapore National Eye Center Chair of Ophthalmology & Vice-Dean, Office of Clinical Sciences Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, National University of Singapore